Do you have cords dangling from your wall-mounted TV or other electronics that are distracting you from the overall aesthetic of your room and you want to know how to hide cords on wall?
If so, you’re not alone.
Cords can be unsightly and can ruin the look of an otherwise beautiful space.
Fortunately, there are several ways to hide cords on your wall and keep your space looking clean and organized.
One of the easiest ways to hide cords on your wall is to use cord covers.
Cord covers are plastic channels that you can attach to your wall to cover up cords and wires.
You can paint them to match your wall color or leave them as is for a contrasting look.
Another option is to use a cord hider kit, which includes a cover and mounting hardware to hide cords and wires.
If you want to take your cord-hiding game to the next level, you can also use decorative items to camouflage your cords.
For example, you can use a decorative vase or basket to hide cords on a table or shelf.
Or, you can use a macrame cord cover to add a bohemian touch to your space while also hiding cords.
With a little creativity, you can turn your cord clutter into a stylish decor element.
How To Hide Cords On Wall
If you’re tired of seeing messy cords and wires on your walls, there are several ways to hide them.
Here are some tips on how to hide cords on the wall:
1. Use Cord Covers
Cord covers are a great way to hide cords on the wall.
They come in different colors and sizes and can be easily painted to match your wall color.
Simply attach the cord cover to your wall using adhesive strips or screws and slide your cords inside.
2. Install A Cable Raceway
A cable raceway is a plastic or metal channel that can be mounted on the wall to hide cables and wires.
They come in different sizes and can be painted to match your wall color.
Simply attach the cable raceway to your wall using adhesive strips or screws and slide your cords inside.
3. Use A Power Strip With A Long Cord
If you have several devices that need to be plugged in, consider using a power strip with a long cord.
This will allow you to place the power strip behind furniture or in a corner, making it less noticeable.
4. Hide Cords Inside The Wall
Hiding cords inside the wall is the most effective way to hide them.
However, it requires more work and may not be possible in all situations.
If you’re comfortable with DIY projects, you can use a kit to run the cords inside the wall.
Alternatively, you can hire a professional to do it for you.
5. Use Decorative Items to Hide Cords
If you don’t want to hide your cords completely, you can use decorative items to conceal them.
For example, you can use a decorative basket or vase to hide the cords.
This is a great option if you have a small number of cords and want to add some style to your space.
Overall, there are several ways to hide cords on the wall.
Choose the option that works best for you based on your skill level, budget, and desired level of concealment.
Choosing The Right Tools And Materials
When it comes to hiding cords on the wall, selecting the right tools and materials is crucial.
Here are some things you should consider when choosing the right tools and materials:
Identifying the Right Cord Covers
Cord covers are essential for hiding cords on the wall.
They come in different shapes, sizes, and materials.
The most common types of cord covers are plastic, metal, and fabric.
Plastic cord covers are affordable and easy to install.
They come in different colors to match the color of your wall.
Metal cord covers are more durable and can support heavier cords.
They are also more expensive than plastic cord covers.
Fabric cord covers are a great option for hiding cords on the wall if you want to add a decorative touch to your room.
When choosing a cord cover, make sure it is the right size for your cords.
Measure the length and width of your cords before purchasing a cord cover.
Selecting Appropriate Wall Fasteners
Wall fasteners are necessary for securing the cord covers to the wall.
The type of wall fastener you choose will depend on the type of wall you have.
Here are some common types of wall fasteners:
- Screws: Screws are ideal for securing cord covers to drywall or wood walls.
- Make sure to use the appropriate screw size for your cord cover and wall.
- Anchors: Anchors are necessary for securing cord covers to concrete or brick walls.
- They come in different sizes and types, so make sure to choose the right one for your wall.
- Adhesive Strips: Adhesive strips are a great option for securing cord covers to smooth walls.
- They are easy to install and remove, but they may not be as durable as screws or anchors.
When selecting wall fasteners, make sure they are strong enough to support the weight of your cord covers and cords.
Also, make sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for installation.
Preparation Before Installation
Before you begin hiding cords on your wall, it is important to plan the cord path and gather the necessary tools.
Planning The Cord Path
First, determine the best route for your cords to take.
Consider the location of your outlets and the distance between your devices and the outlet.
You may need to use a longer cord or extension cord to reach the outlet.
Next, determine the best way to conceal the cords.
You can use cord covers, cable ties, or tubing to hide the cords.
Cord covers are a good option for longer cords that need to run along the wall.
Cable ties can be used to bundle cords together and keep them organized.
Tubing can be used to wrap around the cords and hide them completely.
Gathering Necessary Tools
Once you have planned the cord path, gather the necessary tools.
Here are some tools you may need:
- Cord covers or tubing
- Cable ties
- Wall anchors (if needed)
- Measuring tape
Having the right tools on hand will make the installation process much easier.
Make sure to have everything you need before you begin the installation process.
By planning the cord path and gathering the necessary tools, you can ensure a successful installation process.
With a little bit of preparation, you can hide cords on your wall and create a clean, organized space.
Step By Step Guide To Hide Cords
Hiding cords is one of the best ways to declutter your living space.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you hide cords on your wall.
Installing The Cord Covers
The first step in hiding cords on your wall is to install cord covers.
Cord covers come in different sizes and designs, so you should choose one that fits your needs.
Here’s how to install cord covers:
- Measure the length of the cords that you want to hide.
- Cut the cord cover to the appropriate length using a saw or a pair of scissors.
- Peel off the adhesive backing from the cover and stick it to the wall.
- Use a level to ensure that the cover is straight.
Securing Cords Inside The Covers
After installing the cord covers, the next step is to secure the cords inside the covers.
Here’s how to do it:
- Gather the cords that you want to hide.
- Use cable ties or velcro straps to bundle the cords together.
- Insert the bundled cords into the cord cover.
- Use a cable tie or velcro strap to secure the cords inside the cover.
- Use a cable clip to attach the cords to the wall.
By following these simple steps, you can easily hide cords on your wall and create a cleaner, more organized living space.
Maintenance And Safety Tips
Regular Checking of Cords
Keeping your cords hidden is not enough to ensure safety in your home.
It is essential to check the condition of your cords regularly to avoid any potential hazards.
Check for any signs of wear and tear, such as frayed or exposed wires, and replace them immediately.
If you notice any damage to the cord, it is best to replace it rather than trying to repair it.
Overloading your electrical outlets can be dangerous and can lead to electrical fires.
Be mindful of the number of cords you plug into a single outlet, and avoid using power strips or extension cords as a permanent solution.
Instead, consider installing additional outlets where needed to avoid overloading.
When hiding cords on your wall, it is essential to ensure that they are not overloaded or damaged.
Regularly check the cords for any damage and avoid overloading your electrical outlets.
By taking these simple steps, you can keep your home safe and organized while enjoying a clutter-free environment.
When it comes to hiding cords on the wall, there are several solutions available.
Here are some key takeaways to keep in mind:
- Use cord covers: Cord covers are a great way to hide cords on the wall.
- They come in a variety of colors and styles, so you can choose one that matches your decor.
- Cord covers are easy to install and can be painted to match your wall color.
- Use cable raceways: Cable raceways are another option for hiding cords on the wall.
- They are easy to install and come in a variety of sizes and colors.
- Cable raceways can be painted to match your wall color, and some even have adhesive backing for easy installation.
- Use baseboard molding: If you’re looking for a more permanent solution, consider installing baseboard molding with a hollow inner cavity to hide electrical cables.
- This is a great solution if your TV or computer can’t be near the outlet for some reason.
- Use wire clips: Rather than letting cords run along the wall or floor, use wire clips to run cords along the back leg or wall of your furniture to keep them out of view.
- You can even paint the cord the same color as the furniture to disguise it further.
- Use zip ties: Zip ties are a more secure alternative to tape for cord management.
- They come in both black and clear, so you can choose the one that matches your cords.
- Zip ties are perfect for holding cords together and keeping them out of sight.
By using these solutions, you can easily hide cords on the wall and keep your home looking neat and organized.