Saint Valentine, Cupid and Hallmark had it made celebrating Valentine’s Day on February 14th.
Romantic quotes, Valentines limericks, greeting card messages, and corny, silly sayings will get your Valentine in the mood for romance – or give them a good laugh. Either way, make sure to make this Valentine’s Day a special one for your sweetheart.
Valentine’s Day February 14, 2010
Valentine’s Day is one of the biggest holidays of the year. Celebrated on February 14th, Valentine’s Day is the traditional day when sweethearts and loved ones send heart shaped boxes of chocolates, teddy bears, floral arrangements and Valentine’s Day cards to each other as affections and tokens of love.
Hallmark and American Greetings make a killing every year on store bought cards. “The U.S. Greeting Card Association estimates that approximately one billion valentines are sent each year worldwide, making the day the second largest card-sending holiday of the year, behind Christmas,” claims American Greetings.
Why not make your own, and add some of these cute Valentine’s messages, Cupid’s silly sayings, or famous and romantic quotes from this list.
Spiritual Words Of Love For Valentine’s Day
- “Love is patient, love is kind, is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take in account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in righteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails.” Paul the Apostle, 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8
- “Greater love has no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.” Jesus
- “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Leviticus 19: 18, God
Sentimental And Romantic Words Of Love
- “Better let my heart be without words, than my words without heart.” John Bunyan
- “Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness.” Oliver Wendell Holmes
- “There is more hunger for love and appreciation in this world than for bread.” Mother Teresa
- “Love is the history of a woman’s life; it is an episode in man’s.” Germaine De Stael
- “Love means never having to say you’re sorry.” Love Story
- “The only gift is a portion of thyself.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “A man is not where he lives, but where he loves.” Latin Proverb
- “The best portion of a good man’s life, His little, nameless, unremembered acts, Of kindness and of love.” William Wordsworth
- “Grow old along with me, the best is yet to be.” Robert Browning
- “Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.” Albert Einstein
- “At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet.” Plato
- “True love stories never have endings.” Richard Bach
- “Love is the true means by which the world is enjoyed: our love to others, and others’ love to us.” Thomas Trahern
- “It is best to love wisely, no doubt; but to love foolishly is better than not to be able to love at all.” William Thackeray
- “We find rest in those we love, and we provide a resting place in ourselves for those who love us.” Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- “Tis better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.” Tennyson
- “I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach.” Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Funny And Humorous Quotes For Valentine’s Day
- “Nobody will ever win the battle of the sexes. There’s too much fraternizing with the enemy.” Henry Kissinger
- “Love is being stupid together.” Paul Valery
- “Love is an electric blanket with somebody else in control of the switch.” Cathy Carlyle
- “Lord! I wonder what fool it was that first invented kissing.” Jonathon Swift
- “Love is a game that two can play and both win.” Eva Gabor
- “Love puts the fun in together, the sad in apart, and the joy in a heart.” Author Unknown
- “Falling in love is so hard on the knees.” Aerosmith
- “Give me a thousand kisses, then a hundred, then a thousand more.” Catullus
- “Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly.” Rose Franken
- “Men have died from time to time, and worms have eaten them, – but not for love.” William Shakespeare
- “I love you like crazy, baby ‘Cuz I’d go crazy without you.” Pixie Foudre
- “I don’t understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine’s Day. When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon.” Author Unknown
- “Like I’ve always said, love wouldn’t be blind if the braille weren’t so damned much fun.” Armistead Maupin, Maybe the Moon
- “What the world really needs is more love and less paper work.” Pearl Bailey
- “True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked.” Erich Segal
- “Love – a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker.” Author Unknown
- “Valentine’s Day is when a lot of married men are reminded what a poor shot Cupid really is.” Author Unknown
- “Without love, what are we worth? Eighty-nine cents! Eighty-nine cents worth of chemicals walking around lonely.” M*A*S*H, Hawkeye
- “Love is much nicer to be in than an automobile accident, a tight girdle, a higher tax bracket or a holding pattern over Philadelphia.” Judith Viorst, Redbook, 1975
- “If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?” Author Unknown
Silly, Corny And Dumb Valentines Limericks And Rhymes
Funny and silly Valentines cards sometimes have the most outlandish sayings, like this one: “Roses are red, Blue is the sky, If you don’t become my Valentine, I’ll just eat till I die.” “I smiled, I winked, I have been quite a flirt.
So here’s a Valentine because you’re not too alert.” These and more can be found at Brownielocks.com.